Idaho Senator, District 7
ALL IN FOR IDAHO!
Why would I, a busy wife, grandma, and owner/operator of three family businesses, decide to run for State Senator against a four-term incumbent in District 7? Quite frankly, I ran for Idaho Senate, District 7 because I was concerned that conservative voices were not being effectively represented in the legislature. In 2022, District 7 successfully voted to replace the Republican incumbent who frequently voted with Democratic voices in the Senate. He helped to kill conservative proposals in committee before they ever came up for a vote on the floor. Thankfully, we successfully sent him packing! The days of having District 7’s Senator voting for policies that undercut conservative values are over! Let’s work together to keep it that way!
It has been an honor to represent the people of Adams, Idaho, and Nez Perce Counties, and to thank you for allowing me to serve and represent you. I have worked endlessly to coordinate with colleagues in the Senate and House to bring forth legislation that improves the lives of Idahoans. There is a reason it should not be easy for an idea to become a bill that becomes a law … and I get it. The legislature works together to listen, debate, and vote on the ideas. I was fortunate to participate in successfully moving forward some key legislation into law and only wish we could have done more. We worked hard on property tax relief, unprecedented spending, voter integrity, and important social issues.
I am a constitutional conservative, pro-family, pro-life, and proud Idaho gun owner. I am proud to be married to my sweetheart, Guy for 40 years. Together, we have successfully created from scratch three local businesses that are still operational and employing Idahoans. We have four grown children who have successful careers in aviation. My conservative values, love of God, family, and community have been the foundation of who I am and have proven to help me succeed in our business ventures.
My family and I are HARD CORE CONSERVATIVES! You can trust me to do what I say and say what I do. I will be YOUR watchdog in the capital to fight for our freedoms, less government intrusion, and protect our way of life in North Central Idaho.
I have a unique perspective that helps me understand and appreciate the issues we are facing today. The Carlson family has been ranching on the Salmon River for more than 100 years. This gives me a deep appreciation and understanding of our natural resource issues. I also have tangible and practical business experience in logging, aerial wildland firefighting, powerline construction, and tourism.
I am a past School Board Member of JSD #241 and #243. I was part of a phenomenal team that was able to manage the newly created JSD #243. I know from this experience firsthand how important it is to empower parents with their responsibilities to be involved in the school system and what is taught to our children.
I currently hold a leadership position on the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Restricted & Experimental Category Aircraft (RECA) working group, and I am also a member of the HAI Utilities, Patrol, and Construction (UPAC) working group.
If you feel the need for serious change in Idaho politics like I do, please let me be that CHANGE to prevent Idaho from tilting LEFT of center.
As a True Conservative, I will always…
- Fight for God’s Values.
- Fight for our rights to freedom of religion, of speech, and to assemble, as recognized by the First Amendment.
- Fight for our right to Keep and Bear Arms as recognized by the Second Amendment.
- Fight for common sense in governing and spending.
- Fight to protect the children of Idaho from being indoctrinated and for their right to have their own opinions.
- Fight to ban Critical Race Theory education in all of our schools.
- Fight for the lives of the unborn and elderly.
- Fight against vaccine mandates and passports.
- Fight for the right to keep our medical decisions private.
- Adams County Republican Central Committee
- Citizens Alliance of Idaho
- Former State Rep. Priscilla Giddings (District 7)
- Former State Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll (District 7)
- Campaign Kick-off BBQ Fundraiser!
- Save the Dates in October & March 2024
- Passed. Failed. Pending.
- Press Release: Cindy Carlson Announces Candidacy for Idaho State Senate District 7